We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Program Assistant to join our team!
Minds Matter seeks an enthusiastic, flexible, and organized Program Assistant to help with a wide array of programmatic and operational areas over the next six months. This full-time, entry-level position will give the Program Assistant the opportunity to develop a wide array of skills, including volunteer recruitment and management, student recruitment, program coordination, and operations.
Once hired, the Program Assistant would begin immediately and work through October 16, 2015, with the possibility of extension.
- Assist with data entry and maintaining accurate volunteer, student, and donor records in Salesforce database
- Participate in volunteer recruitment, including application screening, scheduling, and conducting interviews as needed
- Participate in recruitment and selection of student mentees, including application screening and conducting interviews as needed
- Assist in coordinating logistics for student summer programs, alumni events, and fundraisers
- Provide support to programs by attending sessions each Saturday and ensuring smooth operations
- Provide additional assistance to Board, Executive Committee, and Staff members as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- A “people person,” able to connect with students and volunteers from diverse personal and professional backgrounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including Saturdays during the school year and some weeknights
- Ability to work well with a small, close-knit team
- Outstanding organizational skills and the ability to coordinate project logistics
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines with diligence and a sense of humor
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
- Passionate belief in Minds Matter’s mission and high standard of excellence
How to apply
- Email your resume and cover letter to Erika Halstead at Erika.Halstead@mindsmatter.org.