Although we’re only halfway through the Minds Matter year, we’re always on the lookout for new leaders for next year. Serving as an Executive Committee (“EC”) member offers a wonderful opportunity to increase your participation in Minds Matter of NYC and serve a critical role in the development implementation of our programs.
Just as all of you have tangible impacts on your students, this is another way to make a difference within the organization. EC positions provide the opportunity to shape the future direction of the organization, both in the day-to-day as well as the long-term vision.
There are many types of positions:
- Program Directors: With help from staff, design, organize and facilitate each program’s weekly sessions
- Sophomore, Junior, and Senior mentoring programs
- Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Writing and Critical Thinking
- Sophomore and Junior/Senior Test Prep
- College Advising: Work closely with Senior Program Directors to assist students in their college applications
- Alumni Program: Liaise with Minds Matter alumni – students who are in college
- Recruitment and Retention: Recruit and select the new class of Minds Matter students; develop and maintain relationships with students and volunteers to maximize student retention in Minds Matter
- Summer Programs: Organize, facilitate, and coordinate summer program application and financial aid process for students
- Volunteer Co-Directors: Lead recruitment, orientation, training, and quality assurance for all volunteers
- Public Relations and Marketing: Develop marketing materials and cultivate name recognition for Minds Matter
*Note, not all EC positions may be open during the 2016-2017 year. Openings will be posted in March, and applications will be accepted beginning soon thereafter.
We are also looking for new Team Leaders (“TLs”) for next year. TLs are the glue to our mentoring program. They guide the weekly sessions and make sure that students and mentors have everything they need to be productive during their time together.
If you’re at all interested in an EC or TL position, we’ll provide more details at a Leadership Recruitment session on March 23rd from 7:00-9:00pm. Formal invitation to follow. All volunteers are welcome to attend this session learn more about the various EC roles and serving as a TL. If you have questions about being on EC in the meantime, you can email Julia Loonin, Director of Programs, at firstname.lastname@example.org.