Are you an ELA or Math teacher looking for teaching opportunities this summer? We want to hear from you!
Each summer, Minds Matter hosts the Academic & Leadership Development Academy (ALDA), a three-week summer-intensive program focused on math, reading and writing. Students in the program will also participate in professional and leadership development workshops led by industry executives.
Minds Matter seeks enthusiastic, credentialed ELA and Math teachers to teach our high-achieving and motivated students during this three-week program!
- Implement Math or ELA curriculum designed by expert teachers
- Instruct small groups of students of varying academic levels in above curriculum
- Use assessment tools to identify student needs
- Ensure students are receiving sufficient support to master the curriculum
- Participate in daily check-ins with ALDA teachers
- Participate in weekly check-ins with Minds Matter staff during ALDA
- Partner with Minds Matter staff to evaluate course material and structure
- ALDA Teacher Orientation: Wednesday, June 15, 5:30 – 7:30pm
- Program Dates: Monday, July 11 – Friday, July 29
- Instructional Times:
- Math Teachers: Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 11:00am
- ELA Teachers: Monday – Friday, 11:00am – 3:30pm (including a 90-min lunch period)
- Bachelor’s degree in Education (Master’s degree preferred)
- NYS certification (or equivalent) in Algebra or Geometry (for Math teachers) or in high school ELA (for ELA teachers)
- Experience in SAT Test Prep a plus (for Math teachers)
- Minimum three years teaching experience in an urban setting
- Strong curriculum development experience focused on short-term gains
- Excelled track record of establishing strong rapport with students
- Ability to use coaching, discussion-oriented instruction and didactic models
- ESL and bilingual teachers preferred
- Passionate believe in Minds Matter’s mission and high standard of excellence
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment
- Math Teachers: $2,000 (includes planning, instruction and evaluation)
- ELA Teachers: $3,000 (includes planning, instruction and evaluation)
Applications will be reviewed and processed in the order received. The application deadline is Monday, May 2. Applicants should email resume and letter of interest in MS Word or PDF format to Julia Loonin at Julia.Loonin@mindsmatter.org. The subject line of the email should include your full name and “ALDA [Math or ELA] Application.” Please call (212) 626-6590 with any questions.