Our mission is supported by four core beliefs that define the purpose of our work.
- We believe in the power of a college education and are confident that a college degree can help students become informed citizens, reach their professional potential, and attain financial stability.
- We believe that all students who dedicate themselves to the pursuit of higher education should be connected to the support, resources, and network they need to discover their best-fit college—and to enter it ready for the challenge ahead.
- We believe our mission can only be fulfilled when we invite and embrace diverse backgrounds, when we exercise understanding and empathy in building lasting connections with each other, and when we are all able to honor and value our full identities.
- We believe in the necessity of Minds Matter as a space that puts students’ needs first.
Our values define how we fulfill our mission, guide our decisions, and determine our priorities. Our values help us recognize what is Minds Matter and what is not.
- Community: Community is Minds Matter’s highest value and the basis for our success. Our community is built on mutual generosity, care, and respect—all nurtured through individual compassion and vulnerability. Diversity is our strength; our unique assets and experiences combine to elevate the whole. One member’s achievement is a celebration for all; one member’s struggle calls each of us to help. Our community is deep, long-lasting and far-reaching.
- Commitment: Minds Matter thrives when all of us are wholly committed to our mission, our community, and our individual roles. Success requires us to be fully present: physically, emotionally, and mentally focused on the goal of preparing all students to succeed in college and beyond. We are responsible and accountable to each other and the Minds Matter community.
- Growth: Minds Matter invites people from diverse backgrounds to come together with the goal of getting all students into their best-fit college. Accomplishing this goal requires each of us to evolve our thinking and expand our knowledge over time. We are ready to learn; we are ready to listen. We set aside assumptions about ourselves and others, and we open our minds to new ideas and perspectives. Together, we strive to grow towards our full potential.
Diversity & Inclusion
Minds Matter takes responsibility for creating a diverse and inclusive community. We believe that starts with engaging people at every level of the organization who reflect, celebrate, and affirm the multi-dimensional identities of our students. This allows all of us to broaden our thinking, deepen our understanding, and expand our views on what is possible.