How to Apply
The application for students that are part of the class of 2016 has closed. We will start accepting applications for the class of 2017 in March 2014.
To ensure that the organization reaches the most dedicated and qualified students, Minds Matter has a rigorous and highly competitive application process.
The Minds Matter application is comprised of a series of short answer questions and an essay, a guidance counselor or teacher recommendation, a parent/guardian commitment form, a high school transcript, and an in-person interview. Students must also have proof of U.S. citizenship/residence as well as demonstrated financial need.
In short, a Minds Matter applicant must:
- Be a freshman student during the application year
- Maintain a strong overall grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Be committed to pursuing a college education
- Demonstrate strong academic potential, motivation, maturity, and responsibility
- Be active in extracurricular and/or community activities (part time jobs included)
- Show that he/she would benefit greatly from a summer academic experience
Minds Matter is a meritocratic organization that rewards hard work, dedication and achievement, and does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or physical ability.